With 3 or 4 different devices around the house that can play music, but seem to have sub-par speakers I decided that it was time to pick up some form of portable speaker to pick up the slack. Some of my requirements were that it ran on batteries (rechargeable preferably) and that it was small enough to reasonably to carry around. After looking through numerous reviews on Amazon I ended up purchasing an X-Mini II Capsule Speaker for roughly $20.
- It’s roughly an inch and a half diameter when “compressed” making it very portable.
- It has an internal rechargeable battery that last over 10 hours.
- If you buy multiple you can daisy chain them to pump up the sound.
- They come in a lot of different colors.
- The price is a bit steep for the feel of them.
- Mono not stereo sound.
- The battery is internal and would render the system useless if/when it goes bad.
Even for the price it is a much better sound than listening to music on high coming out of your cellphone or a laptop. Being just a little bigger than a golf ball, I am going to get a lot of use out of it in the next few weeks.