After months possibly years of asking for a better blender that could do magical things like making smooth “green smoothies” and chopping ice, a few days ago I gave into The Wife’s pleas and let her get a Blendtec Blender. Much to my dismay, there is serious debate to who makes the better blender (much like vacuum cleaners) usually it’s contested between Blendtec and Vitamix blenders usually with a much less expensive one thrown in for comparison. I have used it a few times since we received it and I can say it is head and shoulders above the previous much cheaper blender we had. I can’t speak for it versus any other blender but here’s my thoughts.
- Preset settings for making soups, smoothies, and other things.
- It is large (like most blenders), but it still fits under the counter.
- If you throw a little water and soap in it, then cycle it, virtually clean.
- Kick ass commercials. Will it Blend?
- It is loud.
- I question the durability/longevity of plastic blending containers.
What are your thoughts on owning an expensive blender? Could you possibly use it enough to justify the cost or is the perceived quality cooked up in overplayed ads? I’d like to hear your thoughts on items for the home that make claims to be monumentally better than the average.